Your Very Fast Virtual PC On Cloud

4:41 PM 0 Comments

Last few days I am looking for Virtual PC on cloud.

I have trouble with my computer. Especially working with photoshop, my pc make me crazy.

So I decided to buy new one. Before that I imagine there is remote pc that i want to set its features and Just thinking finish my work.

I googled for an hour. Vps, linux server xrdp, Windows 7 on cloud, remote desktop etc.

Finally i found Amazon Workspaces. Its totaly what i am looking for. Your Windows 7 PC working on cloud and you connect it with amazon's program.
Thank you amazon :)

You can find more information about amazon workspaces here
http://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/

Average amazon PC is about 35$ per month.



But this is not make me satisfied because of its features and price. So i keep googling.

Vps i mean virtual private server is best for me.  Why ? Because its a server and has high cpu and memory. Also cheaper than amazon workspaces. You can install Windows Server on vps and use it like Win7.  Install Chrome,  office, photoshop etc. By the way internet speed is about 400 Mbit.  This means you can download 1 gb file in few minutes :)

Which company give you this servis? There are many company you can buy vps server. But my opinion after long search, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud is the best. It must worth to give money, right. Best thing is those 3 company give you free trial. You can try and choose which is the best for you.

1- Amazon AWS
Amazon is one of the biggest company gives IT solutions. Actually its not cheap but they make their job perfect. So they give many serves like virtual machines, caching, machine learning, big data processing etc. You can reach all of them http://aws.amazon.com/ here. Virtual machine is that we are looking for. Firs you can reach pricing from http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/ here.

Amazon give you 1 year free tier so you can try it. You can create your instance(virtual machine) free and connect it with remote desktop program. Free tier eligible PC is only has 1 core cpu, 2 gb ram and normal disk(not ssd). You can create more than one instance(remote PC) so each of them can have different features. For example you create an instance but its not eneugh to done your work easily, just shut down PC, choose different feature and start it. Thats it.

Average instance is enought for your daily work but if you need high feature PC you can simply change your feature like 16 core CPU and 48 GB ram, SSD disk than quickly finish your works. My opinion you will pay 2 $ per hour for this PC. This is is good for rendering, video encoding etc.

You can see my instance here



2- Windows Azure

Windows Azure is a cloud platform of Microsoft like Amazon AWS. Azure cloud platform has services like virtual machines, cloud storage, sql database, media services, visual studio online, office online, machine learning, API services, recommandation engine etc. We will review virtual machine.

After you enter http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/ site you will see free trial. You can use all service for one month. Different from amazon free trial is one month but not limit to use of high features. You can use high features virtual machine in this free month.  After trial you will pay per minute. You can reach pricing here http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/virtual-machines/

 Usage of Azure PC look like amazon. You create instance, start your pc and connect it. I also like azure interface. You can see my management screen below.


3- Google Cloud

I havent try it yet. After I try I will write my opnion. Google gives you 2 month trial and 300$. How you want to use your 300$, use it.

You can review google cloud pricing page https://cloud.google.com/pricing/ here.

If you know different serves like this please comment :)

Sezer Fatih YİĞİT

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: